Did you know that you can use the same technique used for ceviche to prepare vegetables? In this recipe, vinegar essentially “cooks” cauliflower, mushrooms and onion. Great for a quick veggie side with dinner.
- 1 head of cauliflower, core removed and sliced thinly
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, stem removed and sliced thinly
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 – 2 tablespoons red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Combine cauliflower, mushrooms and onions in a bowl and pour vinegar over the top.
- Toss and set aside for 20+ minutes.
- Add chili flakes and olive oil and season with salt & pepper before serving.