Throwing together a satisfying rice-based salad could not be easier, and there are endless tasty combinations to try. This version plays off Thai mango sticky rice and incorporates cashews for some meaty crunch, cilantro and green onion for freshness and toasted sesame oil for a deep nutty flavor.
- 1 cup rinsed and drained wild rice
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup soaked and drained cashews
- 2+ cups water
- Steam the rice with 2 cups water, adding more if necessary, and set aside to cool.
- Transfer to a bowl and add cashews and toss.
- Add mango, green onion and cilantro and drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with salt.