Heat up your food with homemade hot sauce! This very simple preparation requires no cooking and yields a bright spicy sauce for your meals.
- 12 fresh chili peppers, such as Serrano, Jalapeno or Habanero (different peppers will yield different color sauces)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 cups white distilled vinegar
- Remove stems and combine peppers and salt in food processor.
- Pulse until finely minced.
- Transfer to a glass jar and loosely close the lid.
- Let sit for 24 – 36 hours, then add vinegar, stir and loosely close the lid again.
- Let sit for 5 days, then blend thoroughly.
- (Straining the solids out is optional)
- Transfer back to glass jar or condiment bottle and keep refrigerated.