Looking for a bright yet satisfying salad for a summer lunch or dinner? Try this combination of fresh herbs over chicory.
- 1 head radicchio, sliced
- 2 heads endive, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, ends removed
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 8 radishes, ends removed
- 2 golden beets, peeled
- 1 cup Marcona almonds, coarsely chopped
- 6 dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 8 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
- With a mandolin on an 1/8 inch thickness setting, slice beets, carrots, fennel and radishes.
- Combine sliced vegetables with radicchio and endive in a large salad bowl.
- In a measuring cup, combine olive oil, balsamic and salt & pepper and whisk together.
- Add the herbs, 1/2 the almonds, 1/2 the dates and 1/2 the goat cheese to the salad bowl and drizzle dressing over the top.
- Toss and serve, using the remaining almonds, dates and goat cheese for garnish.