Here’s a quick and easy springtime starter to get your taste-buds primed for a meal. The avocado and chili give classic Bruschetta a Mexican twist.
- 4 slices gluten-free bread
- 3 ripe vine tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 6 oz round of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon dried red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Drizzle olive oil over bread slices on a baking sheet and toast in the broiler until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Remove and arrange on serving plate.
- Layer avocado, tomato and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle basil, chili and salt & pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.