Deviled eggs are always a favorite of picnics and BBQ’s. I’m not at all surprised to find that avocado makes them even better. Doesn’t it always? Spice up your next spread with some green eggs!
- 6 hard boiled eggs (I think 6 minutes is the perfect amount of time for the yolks to get hard but not dry)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I will post my recipe for olive oil mayonnaise shortly)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper
- Cut eggs in half, scoop out yolks into a mixing bowl and set the whites aside.
- Add mayonaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt & pepper to the yolks and blend well, (this can also be done in the food processor if you’d prefer).
- Scoop egg mixture into a small Ziploc bag and seal it.
- Store the bag in the fridge until you are ready to serve the eggs.
- Before serving, cut off a corner of the Ziploc bag and squeeze the egg mixture into each egg white cup through the hole.
- Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with avocado pieces or parsley.