Feeling like a salad for a main? Try this hearty combination of kale and ground beef, made to satisfy. Of course you can add any other veggies you’d like. I kept it basic with some standards, kale and avocado, of course.
- 1 large bunch of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a hot skillet and add onions, carrots and garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and season with salt & pepper.
- Crumble in the beef and break apart further with spatula as cooking.
- Remove from stove once crumbly and slightly browned.
- Combine remaining olive oil, mustard and vinegar in the bottom of a salad bowl, add salt & pepper and stir until emulsified.
- Add kale and toss until well coated.
- Arrange avocado slices, then add beef and top with cheese before serving.