Nothing beats a crisp, yet satisfying salad on a hot day. Sometimes quick cooking means more time in the sun!
- ~1 lb baby spinach
- 2 leeks, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 ripe Bosc pears, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (plus any other seasoning you’d like)
- salt & pepper
- In a skillet with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, saute leeks until well browned, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Set leeks aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine olive oil, mustard, spices and salt & pepper.
- Add Balsamic vinegar and stir until smooth.
- Add spinach and toss until dressing is well distributed.
- Top with sauteed leeks.
- Layer pears, then avocado and drizzle with olive oil.