It is surprising that foods can help you lose weight, but it is a fact. And, knowing which foods belong to this category can be of great help when it comes to shedding the unwanted bulge. By eating more of these foods, you can ensure that your body fulfills its nutritional requirements while simultaneously inching closer to your weight loss goals. Here is a list of foods that are best for weight loss on account of their fat burning benefits.
1. Broccoli: This deep-green relative of the cauliflower contains sulforaphane and phyto-nutrients. The two substances work by stimulating the fat burning enzyme in the body. An interesting fact about broccoli is it contains fewer calories than is required to eat and digest it. Thus, it keeps the fat burning mechanism chugging for a longer period of time. Broccoli has a bland taste and hence is not a favorite with many. Nevertheless, there are different ways in which it can be prepared to make a tasty meal.
2. Avocados: Many avoid avocados because of its fat content. However, the fats found in an avocado are triple fat burners. The fats contained are healthy monounsaturated fats. They plump cell membranes thereby enabling the cells to burn fats through hormones. This fruit also inhibits the activity of fat storage hormones in the body. It boosts metabolism by protecting energy-producing cells in the body. It can be enjoyed individually or with meals.
3. Brazil nuts: They support weight loss by boosting body metabolism. Brazil nuts convert the thyroid hormone into an active form. The nuts also bind toxins together and thus prevent toxic buildup in fat cells; a popular reason for cellulite formation. The nuts can be enjoyed as a snack or ground to form a milky liquid.
4. Chia seeds: They contain protein, fiber and essential Omega 3 fatty acids. The tiny seeds work in weight loss by suppressing appetite while at the same times firing up metabolism. They also ignite glucagon. Glucagon is one of the fat-burning hormones in the body. Chia seeds must be soaked overnight or for a few hours. As a result, they swell and grow in size. Thereafter, they can be used to make a delicious pudding.
5. Wild salmon: It strips you off your abdominal fat. It has omega 3 fats which help in improving sensitivity to insulin. This shrinks the fatty deposits sitting around the midsection. The salmon also boosts metabolism through the activation of the thyroid hormone.
6. Oysters: They are very low in calories and are amazing sources or zinc. The high amounts of zinc help to control a voracious appetite as well as food cravings induced by PMS. In weight loss, you are better off not indulging and oysters come in handy.
7. Coconut oil: It has medium chained triglycerides. The body uses them to produce energy and thereby reduce chances of it being stored as fats. It can be used for cooking.
8. Cinnamon: This popular spice moves glucose into cells much faster stimulating the fat storage hormone. To keep fats burning, you will need to consume at least quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon.
9. Coffee: It stimulates adrenaline responsible for keeping fats burning. It is a simple intake that will help to lose fat fast.